Tuesday 8 November 2011

What do you want for Christmas?

Now Halloween and Bonfire Night are out the way, it's time to start looking forward to the best holiday of the year - Christmas!!
Everything gets all festive, houses are decorated, you eat more than you do all year, you spend time with loved ones, you get to bring out the old christmas tunes and of course you get presents.
So, what do you want for Christmas this year? An iPad 2? A new mobile phone? Money?...
I know exactly what I want.

I want new lungs!! I want to be able to breathe without struggle or fear. I want to be free from oxygen. I want to be able to go on long walks. I want to look forward to things without the worry that I may not be here to enjoy them. I want to be able to walk up the stairs without difficulty. I want to be able to go somewhere and not have the car loaded up with a wheelchair and oxygen. I want to be able to chase my mental puppy around the house.
I just want to be able to have the most fantastic christmas!

But unfortunately, that sort of thing doesn't come wrapped up in a gift box with a pretty little bow on it (and I do need to be on the transplant list first, lol.)
So I guess for now, I'll go back to wishing for an iPad!

Obviously, I don't know how many Christmas' I could have left, I'm hoping I will have many many more years to enjoy it but I'm going to make sure this one is special just in case - I want to be surrounded by the people I love and care about, I want to make sure everyone is happy and we all have the best time, because after all it is 'the best time of the year!' :)

I hope all my lovely blog readers have a perfect christmas, full of happiness and laughter.
I also hope that everyone who is currently waiting for a transplant gets the greatest gift of all this Christmas (well, hopefully before xmas!)
:)
xxx

1 comment:

Mark Witcher said...

I really hope that your Christmas is filled with love and peace:)
I send you my best wishes and prayers for a Happy New year filled with hope of a change in your circumstances and the gift of new lungs