Monday 4 April 2011

Thank You

I am absolutely overwhelmed! The support I have received has been incredible, I posted my blog onto facebook Saturday afternoon, the link was shared by 10 people and my blog has been viewed 1500 times since then!
I was so nervous when I decided to share the post with everyone, I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I would have, as I said in the last post, I didn't want people to worry about me or to feel sorry for me, but the reaction has been so positive and I'm so happy about it!
My post touched a lot of people and I guess, in a way that is exactly what I wanted to do! I didn't want to upset anyone but I wanted people to hear exactly how I feel about life and transplant, in the most honest way I could.

I've had loads of wonderful facebook messages/comments. Some from people I haven't seen since school, some who don't even know me just letting me know I am in their thoughts, also messages from childhood friends and people who knew I was ill, but not to this extent.
Every single message was encouraging and just reminded me of why I want to go through with transplant. I'm a very lucky girl, I already have an amazing support system, my parents and my step-dad, my fiance, my sister, my grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins, friends and now so many more people. I know I want to have a transplant, obviously for myself and my own future, but also because I have so much to live for and for all those people who love me, if I refused transplant, I wouldn't just be giving up my own life, I would be giving up on the people who care about me.

I have also been approached by the local media, they would like to share my story and if they could help in anyway to raise awareness for CF and organ donation. So this is something I am willing to do, if I can help to even just get a handful of people sign the donor register, I'll feel like I've achieved something!

Again, thank you all for your support and will keep you updated with more blogs in the near future!
x

3 comments:

Tori said...

Yay!!! xx

Megan said...

That's great, I'm so glad you've got everyone supporting you and how well it worked out :) I wish I could have the guts to share mine but y'know.. I'm worried haha (or convinced no one would read it!)

Btw, local media, hellooooo fame!! haha xx

mogzi said...

Well done Kerry for making yours public. That's wicked. Lets hope we have more and more people signing the organ donation! xXx